Announcing a Series of Dry-stack Stone Wall Workshops in March!
Published Wednesday, Feb 18, 2015
Have you always wanted to know how to build a dry-stack stone wall?
Well here is your chance to learn! Participants will learn the beautiful ancient art and skill of building a dry-stack stone wall, while leaving behind a stone wall legacy at SEEDS. The workshop series spans over 3 weekends in March. You can join us for one weekend, however we recommend all 3. That way you have the time and attention to polish your skill set with the guidance and expertise of Whitney Brownstone, an expert mason instructor who has built this type of wall for years in Wales.
When: March 7* & 8, March 14* & 15, March 21 &22. (March 7 & 8, 14 & 15 are beginner to intermediate level, with short retaining walls and stone steps. Both curved and straight walls will be learned. March 21 & 22 are intermediate level, with a stone bench built into a taller, curved retaining wall.)
* Indicate the Saturdays that there are corresponding children’s programming, so you and your little one can both play outside.
Time: 10 am – 3 pm each day.(If you do not make it to the first workshop, please arrive 30 minutes early so we can catch you up!)
Where: SEEDS Southside Garden, 706 Gilbert St. in Durham
Investment: Price is based on when you register, how many workshops you register for and what you can pay. Click here to learn about our sliding scale prices.
- Each weekend is capped at 10 participants to ensure personal attention from our instructor. Register early!
- Workshop participants’ names will be buried in a metal time-capsule inside the stone wall.
- Participants will be required to list 25 lbs. Please only register if you can do this and can bend without trouble. Instruction will be given on how to do this safely throughout the series.
- Participants MUST wear close toed shoes.