Saturday March 7 & 14 – Children’s Programming in the Garden!
Published Friday, Feb 27, 2015
Spring is a busy and fun time in the garden for us and we would love to spend it with you and your family!
SEEDS will be offering several exciting opportunities for kids to have fun in the garden this spring.
Whether or not you participate in our Dry Stack Stone Wall workshop, children can have fun learning in the garden and playing the day away! Saturday, March 7th will focus on the basics of gardening: design, cultivation, planting, and plant care. All activities are designed to be kid friendly, hands-on, educational, and of course, fun! Saturday, March 14th we will be making art and cooking delicious food! Kids will lend their artistic talents to decorate the new garden space with sculpture, paintings, and textile projects. Participants will also have plenty of time to learn about the seed to table cycle as they harvest and prepare something delicious from the garden in our teaching kitchen. Kids can attend one or both events and they are designed to work well together or as stand-alone workshops. Any child may enroll regardless of enrollment in the dry stack workshop.
- Date: Saturday, March 7th and/or March 14th
- Time 9:30-3:30
- Ages: 6-12
- Cost $50 per session per child. No child will be turned away for lack of funds
- Sliding scale applies if cost is a factor, please contact Heather Hill for details.
- *Please pack a lunch for your child
- REGISTER for the workshop (as well as kiddo programming) HERE
- REGISTER a little one for Saturday programming only HERE