Kale & Collard Greens Chips
Published Friday, Mar 29, 2019
Easy to pack in a lunch, take on a picnic, or stash at your desk, greens chips are a nutrient-dense, vitamin-packed and tasty alternative to starchy chips and are SO easy to make at home! This month, SEEDlings made greens chips with kale and collards that were recently harvested from the SEEDS farm. Here’s how you can make your own at home!
6 to 8 ounces hearty greens, such as kale, chard, mustard, collards or spinach
1/4 cup olive oil (not extra-virgin)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line 2 half sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the greens.
- Tear the larger leaves into 1 to 2-inch strips.
- Lay the greens in a single layer on the half sheet pans, spritz lightly with the olive oil and sprinkle with the salt.
- Bake until the greens are dry and have darkened slightly, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove immediately from the pan on the parchment and transfer into a serving dish. Repeat with any remaining greens.
- Serve immediately, or store in a brown paper bag for up to 3 days.