- How to Start A Community Garden: The SEEDS Manual: In this manual we have outlined some basic strategies to starting your own community garden and highlighted the ways in which SEEDS can function as a resource for you.
- Pollinator Plant List: This plant list highlights over 60 of the best bee plants for residential, small settings. Thanks to Volunteer George Maha for working with us to create it!
National & Regional Resources:
- Abundant Life Seed Foundation: this organization is dedicated to sustainable agriculture, genetic diversity, and saving open-pollinated, rare and endangered seed.
- American Community Gardening Association (ACGA): find other community gardens and take advantage of the great links on this site!
- LifeLab: garden-based learning curriculum for schools.
- Center for Ecoliteracy: an organization that helps foster an understanding of the natural world grounded in direct experience.
- City Farmer: the most comprehensive site on the internet about urban agriculture, community gardening and sustainable agriculture.
- Community Food Security Coalition (CFSC): an organization dedicated to building sustainable local food systems that ensure access to food for all people. They seek to develop self-reliance among communities and to create a system of growing, processing, and selling food that is grounded in the principles of justice, democracy, and sustainability.
- Edible Landscaping: our favorite source for fruit trees and shrubs, and their customer service can’t be beat.
- Garden Gate: a well-organized and non-commercial collection of links to substantive horticulture sites around the world.
- Green Guerillas: works with hundreds of grassroots groups throughout New York City to strengthen underserved neighborhoods through community gardening.
- NC State Department of Horticultural Science: includes local home gardening information.
- You Grow Girl: gardening journals and weekly tips and updates from beginners and experts from around the world.
- Green Careers Guide: A guide on environmental areas of study and the corresponding careers.