SEEDlings After School
*Programming will restart in Fall 2022 – please fill out this form to be added to our contact list*
SEEDlings is our After-School Program for youth grades K – 5 during the school year . This enrichment program is the first stage of your student’s growth through SEEDS’ “Trellis” Program – providing support and growth opportunities for your student, as they acquire useful gardening, cooking, social, and literacy skills through our program.
In our SEEDlings After-School Enrichment program, student:
- Experience hands-on gardening and cooking activities that change with the seasons
- Learn about water, weeds, tool safety, plant parts, and soil
- Cultivate valuable life skills
- Become environmental stewards
- Enjoy time outdoors in our two-acre garden “classroom”
- Receive support with academics such as literacy and STEM
- Are cared for for extended hours on Early Release Days
Monday through Friday, from around 3:00pm (when they are dropped off by the bus) til 5:00pm. They will receive a light snack, have some outdoor time, and will do a learning activity centered around farming, plants, cooking, or literacy. For the most part, SEEDS follows the DPS Traditional Calendar; if we need to make any changes or deviations, you will be contacted by a staff member.
You can coordinate with your child’s school to have them dropped here by the school bus as their after-school activity. You will need to provide or arrange for pickup between 5:00pm and 5:30pm.
For more information, contact our office at email@example.com.