Support SEEDS During the Growing Season!
SEEDS relies on the generous support of our community to deliver our programs and sustain our gardens. We seek to be a truly grassroots organization, one that is funded directly by the community from which we grow. If you would like to make a one-time, recurring or tribute gift to SEEDS, please click the button below. Thank you for helping SEEDS grow!
Ways you can support urban gardening and educational programming all year round:
- Buy something for us on our Amazon.com wishlist.
- Find South Eastern Efforts Developing Sustainable Spaces on Amazon Smile. By tagging SEEDS, we receive a % of your purchase.
- Frequent Local businesses who support SEEDS, such as The Retreat at Brightleaf and their De La Terre Facial. A % of the proceeds of this service is generously donated to us.
- Support SEEDS while you buy groceries through Kroger’s Community Rewards Program. Our number is 85916. Affiliate your card with us through their loyalty program and a portion of your purchase will support our mission.
- Buy a T-Shirt, Garden Apron or Tote. Sport the SEEDS logo proudly! All items are $10. Come by or email us (email@example.com) to reserve yours today.
- Direct Us to Funders and Partners. If you know of corporations, foundations or individuals with money to give and values that are aligned with our mission, please let us know – or better yet, introduce us!
We are always in need to garden tools, seeds and expertise to cultivate and sustain our programs and gardens. Below are our most pressing needs. (Don’t forget to check out our Amazon Wishlist, above.) Gift Certificates to garden centers and hardware stores are always appreciated.
- Clean area rugs all sizes
- Heavy duty trash bags
- Non-perishable healthy snacks
Please call us at 919-683-1197 to arrange delivery.
Other Ways You Can Support SEEDS
- Buy produce from DIG and Plants & Seed Starts from the Southside Garden. Our youth gardeners sell fresh organic produce at the Durham Farmers’ Market every Saturday morning from 8am – noon from Mid-April through November. Help them develop their business and marketing skills as a customer!
- Visit the Southside Garden on Gilbert Street during the week and at special events to plan your own seasonal or permaculture garden!
- Participate in Our Programs! Come to a workshop, bring your group for a Serve & Grow experience, invite Urban Earth to your school – SEEDS is here to be a resource for our community to use!
- Come to our Events! The Harvest Dinner, Pie Social and CFSA Farm Tour are just a few of the events we host or are a part of every year. Check out our Upcoming Events calendar and e-newsletter to keep on top of what’s coming at SEEDS.
- Support Business that Support SEEDS! Many area businesses support SEEDS throughout the year, and often through a portion of their sales. Through buying local, you can give local – and enhance the impact of your dollars within our own community! Purchase a “Taste of Downtown Durham” treatment from The Retreat at Brightleaf, and 10% of the price will be donated to SEEDS, year-round. They make a great gift, or can help you relax from the holiday stress!
- Donate Your Car Through DonationLine.com. SEEDS can now accept donations of cars, boats, RVs, motorcycles, jet skis, even airplanes through this broker! The process is simple: you call, DonationLine picks up your vehicle, sells it and sends the proceeds (minus an administrative fee) to us. You receive a tax deduction for your donation, without any hassle.
Learn more about us on Guide Star.