Summer Lettuce Wraps
Published Thursday, Jul 9, 2020
In the summertime, we have a ton of fresh, delicious produce ready to eat, and the last thing we want is to heat up the kitchen using our oven. Enter: lettuce wraps! These delicious wraps are packed with summer’s goodness and are also really refreshing. Our version also features plant protein from hummus, beans, and cheese, and healthy fats from avocado to give you lots of energy. Chef Aaron cooked these up during our first week of virtual summer camp with a little help from two awesome students demonstrating in the SEEDS kitchen. Try them at home for a crisp, seasonal meal and switch things up with your own combinations!
Before you begin, remember to wash your hands!
- Romaine Lettuce
- Wash your lettuce
- After that, place your lettuce on a plate and spread your hummus on the leaf.
- You can now begin adding your other toppings!!
- Cut into the avocado and remove the seed, scoop out the avocado and place it on your wrap.
- Dice the tomatoes and cucumbers and place them on.
- Open the can of beans carefully, and add your desired amount.
- Add Cheese
- Slice the lemon in half and squeeze the lemon juice on top.
- You are ready to eat!!
- You can now pick it up, pinching the sides together and take a bite.