SAPLINGs Middle School After-School Program
*Programming is on hold for the time being, please check back soon or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org*
SAPLINGs (Students And Participants, Learning in Nature and Gardens) is our After-School Program for youth grades 6 – 8 during the school year (for our After-School Program please click here). This enrichment program is the second stage of your student’s growth through SEEDS’ “Trellis” Program – providing support and growth opportunities for your student, as they acquire useful gardening, cooking, social, and leadership skills through our program.
In our SAPLINGs After-School Enrichment program, students (grades 6-8):
- Experience hands-on gardening and cooking activities that change with the seasons
- Learn about seasonality, successions, companions, plant & bug identification
- Cultivate valuable life & leadership skills
- Become environmental stewards
- Enjoy time outdoors in our two-acre garden “classroom”
- Care for their own “personal plot” once they have mastered the basics
- Receive support with academics such as literacy and STEM
- Are cared for for extended hours on Early Release Days
Monday through Friday, from around 2:30pm (when they are dropped off by the bus) til 5:00pm. They will receive a light snack, have some outdoor time, and will do a learning activity centered around farming, plants, cooking, or leadership. For the most part, SEEDS follows the DPS Traditional Calendar; if we need to make any changes or deviations, you will be contacted by a staff member.
You can coordinate with your child’s school to have them dropped here by the school bus as their after-school activity. You will need to provide or arrange for pickup between 5:00pm and 5:30pm.